CCGRT- Research Initiative
- Fostering and nurturing research initiatives among members of the Company Secretaries profession and other researchers
- Developing on an on-going basis information and insights into corporate/related laws, their delivery mechanism, need for harmonization/changes in light of emerging realities, corporate governance etc.
- Using thus developed knowledge base for brand building and for purposes of interacting with the government, regulatory bodies and international agencies.
ICSI-CCGRT invites brief and focused research proposals, (not exceeding 1000words) on selected subjects/areas/topics of relevance to the profession. After initial scrutiny at CCGRT, by an internal Committee, these would be sent to independent referees for their comments. To ensure complete transparency and objectivity, the refereeing process would be double blind i.e. the researcher will not know the name of the referee and vice versa.
It is proposed to sponsor basically short duration (say two to three months) focused research from researchers. Funding may vary between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000 per project.
The copyright in the research carried out through this initiative will remain with the Institute. ICSI will retain the right to use the papers/monographs so produced in any way it deems fit, including its publication in Chartered Secretary or as an independent publication.
ILLUSTRATIVE LIST OF TOPICS FOR RESEARCH
- Central Listing Authority.
- Functions & Role of Private Liquidator.
- A comparative Analysis of The Companies Act, 1956 vis-a vis Corporate Laws in other countries.
- Role, Functions and Responsibilities of Independent Directors.
- WTO and IPRs : Possible Future Scenario.
- Transformation of Co-operative Societies into Producer Companies.
- Secretarial Audit.
- Opening up of the Services Sector - Post WTO Scenario.
- Capital Market Developments in the Next Five Years-A Road Map.
- Harmonisation of Laws relating to Securities.
- Corporate Governance - Need for Harmonisation of Companies Act with Listing Agreement.
- Mergers & Amalgamation.
- Buy Buck of Shares & its Impact.
- Workers Participation in Management in the Context of Company Law.
- Postal Ballot
- Need for Changes/Simplification of Laws relating to Creation of Charges.
- National Company Law Tribunal.
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act & its Role in the Delivery of Justice in India.
- Impact of Internet on Functioning of Companies -On Line Voting & Board Meeting Trough Video Conferencing.
- Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets.
- Business Process Outsourcing - Legal Aspects.
- Employees Stock Option Schemes.
- Revisiting the Companies Act.
- Model Listing Agreement
- Emerging Role of Company Secretaries in International Markets in a globalised environment
Objectives and Infrastructure of ICSI-CCGRT
- To develop professional capability and career prospects of the Company Secretaries and other corporate professionals.
- To serve as a center of Corporate Excellence for Corporate Governance and Business Ethics, Corporate Research and Corporate higher learning by harnessing all available resources, national and international.
- To promote original and contemporary applied research, higher learning and conduct training programs (residential and non-residential) in various streams of corporate sector through modern and advanced methodology.
- To enter into collaboration/arrangements with foreign institution in the field of research and training and to facilitate exchange of skills, knowledge and data base including faculty exchange programs with national and international bodies and other research institutions.
- To publish research papers, literature or publications including research bulletins, periodicals and consultative papers on any new legislation in areas of Corporate Laws, Finance and Capital Markets, etc to act as a Think Tank for Government, regulatory bodies and trade and industry on assignment basis.
- To act as In-House consultants to ICSI on Human Resources and relates areas.
- To provide professional consultancy of higher order employing contemporary methods and practices, and undertake corporate diagnostic studies, field surveys and data base services.
ICSI-CCRT is equipped with state of art training and research relates facilities, a pleasant environ and world class physical infrastructure facilities and is ideally located. It is in the heart of Navi Mumbai, the city of 21 century, surrounded by rich, natural landscape and flanked by some of the ultra modern architectural edifices. The centre is away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolis, yet close enough to the city. A walkable distance from CBDBelapur Railway Station and CBD Bus Terminus.
The facilities include an auditorium of 180 persons capacity equipped with pleasant décor, latest audio visual, acoustics, lighting and public address system, two well furnished computer rooms/labs, two conference halls each with a capacity of 50 persons, equipped with latest facilities such as TC, VCR Projector, Audio Visual Decks, Public Address System, classroom/lecture halls of variable sizes equipped with elegant furniture and other training related equipments. The centre accommodates indoor and outdoor recreation facilities, two well equipped dining halls and a roof garden-cum-cafeteria for the recreational convenience of the inmates.
The Residential Wing accommodates participants and guests in 22 self contained hostel room (twin sharing) with attached bathrooms and equipped with telephone facility. All facilities are comfortably air-conditioned with pleasant interiors providing conducive environment for learning and research.
A Library with computers, furnished with audio visuals and internet facility housing over 3000 books, current periodicals and reference literature is also in place.