ICSI STUDENTS EDUCATION FUND TRUST
BROAD FEATURES OF THE GUIDELINES FOR SEFT
(updated upto July 4, 2022)
With a view to encourage and motivate economically backward and/or academically bright students to pursue the Company Secretaryship Course, the Institute has created a Trust viz. ICSI Students Education Fund Trust.
CRITERIA FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD STUDENTS WITH GOOD ACADEMIC RECORD
ACADEMICALLY BRIGHT STUDENTS
- Students seeking financial grant/assistance, should have obtained Minimum 65% Marks (or equivalent CGPA) in Senior Secondary (Class XII) Stage;
Minimum 60% Marks (or equivalent CGPA) in Bachelor’s Degree Stage to get eligible for consideration of such financial grant.
- Provided further that the annual income from all sources of the student on his/ her own/ Parents/ Spouse/ Guardian of the Student of the students should not exceed Rupees Three Lac.
(The income limit has been revised to Rupees Three Lac from Rupees One Lac effective from 1st July, 2020).
- Provided further that the original Income Certificate issued by the competent authority of the State/Central Government should be submitted. Attested photocopy of income certificate is not acceptable. Affidavit issued by Notary is also not acceptable. If income certificate is prepared in any other language other than Hindi or English, the student concerned is also required to send the attested copy of its “English Translation” of the same along with original income certificate.
The Institute would promote the best talents available by recognizing the academic achievements of the students so that the profession is further strengthened by attracting very bright students.
- Students seeking financial grant/ assistance, should have obtained Minimum 85% Marks (or equivalent CGPA) in Senior Secondary (Class XII) Stage;
Minimum 70% Marks (or equivalent CGPA) in Bachelor’s Degree Stage to get eligible for consideration of such financial grant.
- Under this Criteria, there would not be any income limit for the Parent/ Guardian of the students and the applications would be considered purely on academic merit. Hence there is no need to submit the income certificate of parent.
Such students shall be eligible for refund of CSEET Registration Fee on the basis of percentage of marks scored in Class XII or Graduation and they may continue to avail the benefits for subsequent stages of CS Course on passing the examinations of respective stages in the first attempt and first available opportunity.
NATURE AND EXTENT OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Eligible Students under the guidelines of this Scheme shall be refunded the full amount of the Registration Fee paid by them for CSEET, after they have passed the CSEET.
- For direct admission on the basis of Graduation applicable CSEET exemption fees is also refundable
- They would be further refunded the Registration Fee, Pre Exam Test Fees, paid by them for registration to the Executive Programme, if they have taken registration in Executive Program within stipulated cut-off date of registration as per first available opportunity applicable to them vis-à-vis their date of passing of CSEET.
- They would also be refunded Examination fees paid by them for Executive Program, if they have passed exam (of respective modules) in first attempt in first available opportunity vis-à-vis their date of registration in Executive Program.
- Students passing the Executive Programme at the first attempt and first available opportunity would be further refunded the Registration Fee paid by them for registration to the Professional Programme, if they have taken admission in Professional Program within stipulated cut-off date of registration as per first available opportunity vis-à-vis their date of passing of Executive program.
Students aspiring to avail financial assistance under ICSI-SEFT are required to submit the application with the desired documents within six months from the date of passing CSEET or within six months from the month of registration in Company Secretaryship Executive / Professional Programme, as the case may be. Applications received at the Institute after the expiry of the six months period shall not be entertained. Student concerned is firstly required to make all full payment of the requisite fees and then submit his/her claim for refund to the prescribed application form. If found eligible, his/ her fees will be refunded.
Students desirous of availing the financial assistance may submit their application in the prescribed format along with all supporting documents to:
The Joint Secretary (Student Services)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
C-36, Sector 62
Noida 201 309.
(For detailed Guideline, please click here)
(To download Application Form, please click here)