- The certificate of practice shall be cancelled when:
Provided that before cancelling the certificate under clause (b) reasonable opportunity to explain his case shall be given to the member.
- the name of the holder of the certificate is removed from the Register of Members; or
- the Council is satisfied that such certificate was issued on the basis of incorrect, misleading or false information provided by the applicant or by mistake or inadvertence on the part of the Council; or
- the member has ceased to practise; or
- the member has not paid the annual certificate fee on or before thirtieth June of that year.
- The cancellation of a certificate shall be effective -
- in a case falling under clause (a) of sub-regulation (1) from the date on which and during the period for which the name of the holder of the certificate was removed from the Register of Members; and
- in any other case, from such date and for such period as the Council may determine.
- When a certificate is cancelled, the date from which and the period for which the certificate shall stand cancelled shall be communicated in writing by registered post to the member concerned at the address entered in the Register and may also be published in Institutes journal 'Chartered Secretary'